Histology/Cytology Information System
A powerful software tool to manage the daily tasks of Histology and Cytology Labs
‘H/C LIS’ Anatomic Pathology Information System
HC LIS is designed for the requirements of Histology and Cytology laboratories. Comes with advanced features, providing the pathologists a powerful software tool to manage the daily tasks related to Histology and Cytology tests eliminating the manual system of audit trails and paper files.
As we move from fee-for-service to value-based medicine, the end report is critical. But all that data that goes with it—from audit trails, billing, data mining, studies, and so forth—needs to be in a format that is usable throughout the health care system. The way to do that is to make sure your data is usable, readable, and interoperable.
Discrete data allows for communication between disparate health care IT systems much more efficiently than any other means available. An AP system should also have a rules engine and really well-thought-out logic. That’s essential to any system moving forward. HC LIS is a dynamic application. The diagnosis library can be updated and modified at any time, so it can always capture new requirements and new classifications.
HC LIS includes a synoptic resulting mechanism. This is in addition to all the free text the pathologist wishes to enter. This codification, if you will, is something that users can build and create on their own. We integrate with the synoptic reporting templates so they are fully automated. The templates are updated to continually support current requirements. All the diagnoses are also searchable, even using free text. Any entry in the diagnosis library can be categorized using user-defined diagnosis codes or ICD codes, or both, which allows for easy retrieval.
The unique workflow that occurs in AP labs oftentimes includes the transformation of a specimen into additional specimen classes. A surgical specimen may become a surgical, molecular, cytology, and flow specimen—each a distinct class with distinct tests, and each of those test results gives the diagnostician more data to accurately provide an interpretation, classification, and diagnosis. These concurrent specimen classes are traceable with our products. We can match every patient asset across a continuum and assure that each asset is viewable, traceable, searchable, reportable, and retrievable.
The Anatomic Pathology Information System “HC LIS” either used as a standalone system or as part of an integrated laboratory information system ‘MediLab LIS’, it can share the same database with other laboratory diagnostic departments, providing the total patient’s diagnostic profile, enhancing patient’s consolidation.
Cytology test order starts with the accessioning of the case where the cytology LIS assigns a unique case number and, based on the specific tests ordered, assigns the exact number of slides and other materials needed to perform them. Labels with all necessary information are printed for specimen tracking and storage purposes in addition to the running of the test(s). Cytology LIS include features such as range checking and reflex testing, specimen storage managers to keep track of where and when specimens are stored, and workflow status monitoring, and will also offer additional management tools that will enhance a laboratory’s ability to perform competitively—such as client services modules and of course regulatory compliance. The cytology LIS software ensures that users comply with relevant regulations by enforcing established requirements such as slide read limits, screen mandates, and user access controls.
The Laboratory information system should adhere to guidelines set forth.
‘H/C LIS’ is part of the medical informatics platform of CCS, which has a proven record of continual development and a successful business course for more than 30 years in the domain of medical software.
- Bar coding of specimens, tissue cassettes, and slides allows pathologists and technicians to confidently move cases through the analytical process with greater speed and accuracy.
- The built-in ability of HC LIS to design the barcode labels as needed by the lab, offers flexibility and adaptability to lab workflow.
- HC LIS has a dedicated and most accurate sample tracking module which radically reduces time in locating specimens.
- Using bar code labels and scanners, a sample/specimen/slide can be easily tracked through the laboratory technical areas, through review, for storage, and disposal.
- Slides in storage can be instantly located through multiple departments.
- Synoptic reporting (for tumors, etc.)
- Generation of reports depending on the needs of each individual laboratory.
- Dynamic report templates supporting Microsoft Word or other embedded text processing systems.
- Pre-formatted report templates can be created and edited by the user.
- Options to search and generate reports by specimen, diagnosis, test result, doctor, clinic.
- Reports generation based on ICD-O and SNOMED Coding.
- Patient history look-up with a single click.
- Support for unlimited number of users, each with a different level of access and different responsibilities.
- Access privileges per user, role based authority, digital signatures and user activity log files.
- Images or scanned documents can be attached to the exam record.
- Supports ICD-O, SNOMED and/or other user specific coding system.
- Signed out reports can be sent to the patient or physician via fax, e-mail, HL7, web or become available in the patient’s medical record through an EMR system.