A powerful tool for all procedures of Histology – Cytology lab.
Histology - Cytology Information System 'H/C-LIS'
Histology – Cytology Information System ‘H/C-LIS’ comes with advanced features, providing the pathologists a powerful software tool to manage the daily tasks related to Histology and Cytology tests. The ‘H/C LIS’ eliminates the manual system of audit trails and paper files.
OverviewAs we move to value-based medicine, the end report is critical. But all that data that goes with it, needs to be in a format that is usable throughout the health care system. The way to do that is to make sure your data is usable, readable, and interoperable.
Discrete data allows for communication between disparate health care IT systems much more efficiently. In addition an Anatomic Pathology – Cytology system should also have a rules engine and really well-thought-out logic. That’s essential to any system moving forward. ‘H/C LIS’ is a dynamic application. The diagnosis library is very flexible. The pathologists can modify, and update it at any time. So it can always capture new requirements and new classifications.
Histology – Cytology Information System ‘H/C LIS’ includes a synoptic resulting mechanism. This is in addition to all the free text the pathologist wishes to enter. This codification, if you will, is something that users build and create on their own. We integrate with the synoptic reporting templates so they are fully automated. The anatomic pathologists can update the templates, to continually support current requirements. In addition all the diagnoses are also searchable, even using free text. ‘H/C-LIS’ supports categorisation of all entries in the diagnosis library, using either user-defined diagnosis codes or ICD codes, or both. This ensures an easy retrieval.
The unique workflow that occurs in labs oftentimes includes the transformation of a specimen into additional specimen classes. A surgical specimen may become a surgical, molecular, cytology, and flow specimen, a distinct class with distinct tests. Each of those test results gives the diagnostician more data to accurately provide an interpretation, classification, and diagnosis. These concurrent specimen classes are traceable with our products. We can match every patient asset across a continuum and assure that each asset is retrievable, viewable, traceable, searchable and reportable.
The Anatomic Pathology Information System ‘H/C-LIS’ stands either as a standalone system or as part of the integrated laboratory information system ‘MediLab LIS’. Furthermore, it can share the same database with other laboratory diagnostic departments. Thus, provides the total patient’s diagnostic profile, enhancing patient’s consolidation.
Cytology test order starts with the accessioning of the case. The cytology ‘H/C-LIS’ software assigns a unique case number to each sample. In addition, based on the specific tests ordered, assigns the exact number of slides and other materials needed to perform them. Subsequently, it prints labels with all necessary information for running of the tests, tracking and storage purposes.
Cytology LIS includes features such as range checking and reflex testing. There are specimen storage manager to keep track of where and when specimens are stored. It also supports the workflow status monitoring, and offers additional management tools that will enhance a laboratory’s ability to perform competitively. That is client services and of course regulatory compliance ensuring that users comply with relevant regulations. In addition it enforces requirements such as slide read limits, screen mandates, and user access controls.
‘H/C LIS’ is part of the healthcare informatics platform of CCS, which has a proven record of continual development for more than 35 years in the domain of medical software.
Bar Coded Labelling
- Bar coding of specimens, tissue cassettes, and slides allows pathologists and technicians to confidently move cases through the analytical process with greater speed and accuracy.
- The built-in ability of ‘H/C LIS’ to design the barcode labels as needed by the lab, offers flexibility and adaptability to lab workflow.
- ‘H/C LIS’ has a dedicated and most accurate sample tracking module which radically reduces time in locating specimens.
- Using bar code labels and scanners, a sample/specimen/slide can be easily tracked through the laboratory technical areas, through review, for storage, and disposal.
- Slides in storage can be instantly located through multiple departments.
- Synoptic reporting (for tumors, etc.)
- Generation of reports depending on the needs of each individual laboratory.
- Dynamic report templates supporting Microsoft Word or other embedded text processing systems.
- Pre-formatted report templates can be created and edited by the user.
- Options to search and generate reports by specimen, diagnosis, test result, doctor, clinic.
- Reports generation based on ICD-O and SNOMED Coding.
- Patient history look-up with a single click.
- Support for unlimited number of users, each with a different level of access and different responsibilities.
- Access privileges per user, role based authority, digital signatures and user activity log files.
- Images or scanned documents can be attached to the exam record.
- Supports ICD-O, SNOMED and/or other user specific coding system.
- Signed out reports can be sent to the patient or physician via fax, e-mail, HL7, web or become available in the patient’s medical record through an EMR system.