The Electronic Medical Record ‘MediFile EMR’ is an Information Technology system that provides immediate access to patient health data. For instance such data are the clinical notes, medication history, laboratory reports, images, and various reports. It is part of a hospital information system, which facilitates direct patient care.
An Electronic Medical Record (EMR) is a confidential and safe system of health care treatment records. EMR allows medical staff to create, store, organize and edit a patient’s clinical information on a computer network. Therefore, EMR can help reduce the occurrence of medical errors, avoid duplicate testing, and improve the overall quality of care. Additionally, EMR allow providers to share up-to-date information about patients’ conditions, treatments, tests and prescriptions. However ‘MediFile EMR’ is much more than the electronic equivalent of paper. It is a modern, accurate and efficient system for any hospital seeking for a consistent solution. The system archives and manages patients’ records and health information. ‘Above all, ‘MediFile EMR’ is dedicated to improve efficiency, quality, and safety in health care organisations. EMR automates many day-to-day tasks within a hospital, that consume a great deal of time.
Adoption of EMR
The global adoption of EMRs has demonstrated a lot of benefits. These include reduced errors in medicine, improvements in cost-effectiveness and increased efficiency. It also provides an active role for patients in clinical decision-making. Therefore the EMR is the center of any health information system. Improves clinical quality by having quicker and easier access to relevant clinical information. In addition, the software provides the possibility of monitoring and analyzing the controls and results in the treatment of patients. This allows faster identification of patients’ results that are out of the expectation and triggers the need of intervation.
Web based application
Electronic Medical Record ‘MediFile EMR’ is a web based application with enhanced capabilities, designed for the operational needs of any hospital environment. It offers user access via mobile devices (tablets, smartphones) and interoperability with other IT systems within the hospital.
- Allows for an entire patient history to be viewed without the need to track down the patient’s previous medical record.
- Assists in ensuring data is accurate, appropriate and legible.
- Reduces the chances of data replication as there is only one modifiable patient record
- Keeps the medical record constantly up to date
- Eliminates the issue of lost forms
- Minimises and even eliminates paperwork and internal bureaucracy
- Resolves all communications needs
Accurate and Efficient Services
‘MediFile EMR’ sets out an efficient patient data flow system. This system provides accurate, appropriate and legible data to assist the health care personnel in their daily tasks. It offers :
- Consolidation of all laboratory exams in one system.
- Optimization of patient’s data storage.
- Elimination of redundant tasks.
- Lab efficiency and test volumes are improved by centralizing the orders workflow.
- Decreases staff time spent on non-clinical tasks, allocating it to more productive activities.
Critical cost savings
The system contributes in reducing major costs associated with the administrative and operational tasks of the hospital.
- Reduction of equipment and resources required and associated maintenance cost.
- No special computers to purchase or proprietary software to use.
- Reduction of costs related to health care services (patients are treated faster).
- No need for complex training (MediFile EMR has a simple web interface).
Complete automation and integration
The EMR supports interoperability. It interoperates with other IT Hospital systems, offering multiple advantages to the operation of the organisation.
- Eliminates time-intensive work associated with managing paperwork.
- Faster ordering and delivery of laboratory results.
- Networking between LIS, RIS/PACS, HIS, EHR or EPR systems.
- Easy access from clinics via web browsers of mobile devices
- Provision of referring physicians with patients’ results in a faster and prioritised manner.
Adaptation to changes and growth
The software of ‘MediFile EMR’ offers a multitude of advanced customisation capabilities. It can meet any workflow requirements and support any change or growing demand.
- Short learning curves for new staff.
- Adapts to new modalities and changes in information flow.
Electronic Medical Record ‘MediFile EMR’ is part of the Healthcare suite of CCS, which has a proven record of continual development and a successful business course for more than 30 years in the domain of medical software.