Manages all information of blood banks
Blood Bank Information System 'e-AIMA'
Blood Bank Information System ‘e-AIMA’ supports all the operational needs of blood banks. ‘e-AIMA’ manages all information related to every aspect of blood banks. The support includes all the labs procedures like donor record administration, management of haematology and immunology test, component management, cross matching, blood issue, patient management, requests for blood, inventory and finally transfusion.
Blood Bank Information System ‘e-AIMA’ is a full featured application with enhanced customization capabilities. It allows a flexible and rapid system implementation at any blood bank. ‘e-AIMA’ utilizes features such as barcode technology and connectivity to diagnostic devices. So, the system organizes and automates the blood bank procedures providing the maximum safety and security control points.
Being well-designed and implemented blood bank information system, tailored toward the specific workflows of a blood bank – blood transfusion division of a Hospital, will enable increased efficiency, regulatory compliance, and a complete report on blood products. In addition the system that is integrated with laboratory instruments allows for automated processes and a reduction in errors associated with manual data entry.
Features of Blood Bank Information System 'e-AIMA'
- Advanced and intelligent data entry for completing the donor form.
- Component creation before or after the serology test.
- Notification of donor’s historical medical and blood donation records during donor registration.
- Fully customisable donor form, based on the requirements of each blood bank and National standards
- Issue of donor magnetic card.
- Automatic generation of components and calculation of expiry date.
- Blockinng of all components until the serology test is completed.
- Automatic generation of each component label.
- Multiple cross-match for components.
- Failed cross-matches or expired units are blocked for transfusion.
- Real time communication with a HIS and LIS.
- Automatic retrieval of patient information from the HIS and manual entry of them, also.
- Keeps track of all patients’ transfusions and reactions history.
- e-AIMA incorporates powerful functionalities for the required blood exams.
- Efficient storage and retrieval of patient’s tests results.
- Performs haematology, immunology, ABO and serology tests both on units and donors.
- Management of enquiries for transfusion, manually or automatically (via e-AIMA clinics interface module).
- Search for compatible units performing multiple cross match tests.
- Capability to reserve units for more than one patient.
- Label printing for cross matched units.
- Registration of medical staff assigned with the transfusion, begin and end time of transfusion and reactions.
- Produced reports include: adverse reaction report, blood bag reports, clinics enquiries, inventories, donors and patients & donnors lists, etc.
- Production of documents required by legislation.
- Includes a powerful module for generating reports based on user criteria.
- Exporting of all reports in Excel or pdf format.
- Blood Donation Camp, Management and Reporting.
- Sending and receiving of blood units and components among groups of hospitals blood banks.
- Notification for expired or unsuitable blood units (less quantity, reactive, clotting, haemolysis, positive serology tests).
- Vein to vein traceability.
- Remote access capability via Internet.
- Supports unlimited number of users, each with a different level of access and different responsibilities.
- Access privileges per user, role based authority, digital signatures and user activity log files.
- Capability to use RFID bracelets for user identification and digital signature.
- Option for enumeration of units based on ISBT 128 standards
- Consolidation of blood bank facilities and available resources.
- Improves staff efficiency and work volumes by automating the daily workflow.
- Eliminates time-intensive work associated with managing paperwork.
- Full traceability of all operations in the blood bank.
- Provision of required security levels and control/approval points.
- Integration with LIS and HIS systems.
Benefits of Blood Bank Information System ‘e-AIMA’
- Getting rid of manual procedures.
- Minimization of probability of error.
- More precise and effective Information retrieval.
- Inventory control using the FIFO (First-In-First-Out) concept.
- Reports for any time period of donors, seekers, total consumption of the blood units and overall report.
- Designation of blood in demand but rarely available and which blood group is rarely in demand but plenty in stock.
- Help to identify the main cause for requirement of blood units.
- Identification of which doctor has recommended the blood units.
- Provision of the discarded blood units list and the relative reason.
- Maintain a central inventory and the total number of units of a particular blood group.
- Information about units that become unhealthy due to technical fault.
- Check if the replacement donor has actually donated the blood or not.
- Generation of the unique identification number to the donor
- Proposal of the blood unit bags IDs.
- Support blood donation camp information upload.
'Patient Safety' Eliminates transfusion errors
‘Patient Safety’ makes patients’ transfusions safer by reducing the possibility of errors. It manages all transfusions at the OR and facilitates best practices. It reduces errors, improves quality of care, streamlines clinical workflows and delivers potential cost savings. Based on the cross-matching results, the ‘Patient Safety’ module is able to validate the right blood bag for the right patient.
Step 1 : Scan blood bag’s barcode using your mobile phone
Step 2 : Scan the patient’s id wristband.
The green check on the phone’s screen assures compatibility.
The red one stops you immediately, preventing the patient from a severe situation.
Improving Quality Everywhere
Our safety software delivers easy to interpret, highly actionable reports to help continuous quality improvement efforts, by rich information helping complex decisions making.
- Assess transfusion practices in your hospital.
- Focus on clinician utilization and compliance.
- Find out practices that can be streamlined.
- Identify management issues that can be altered to save costs.
EMR Integration through ‘Patient Safety’.
Eliminating errors is the fundamental goal of all health professionals in the Hospital environment. Through the ‘Patient Safety’ software platform, our solution brings this to the forefront. Blood Bank Information System ‘e-AIMA’ provides direct connection with the blood orders and the patient’s electronic medical record (EMR). As a result the clinical integration solution connects the laboratory validated blood components to the receiver patient. In addition it streamlines the workflow and helps the improvement of patient safety while providing measurable financial benefits. In order to achieve an advanced Transfusion Safety, the corresponding software module utilizes internal checks to:
- Create color-coded flags that signal information which should be reviewed.
- Display notifications when information is incorrect.
- Ensure users cannot proceed if the information is missing.
- Help prevent transfusing the wrong product with product safety checks.
- Automated safety checks stop users from moving to the next screen until the risk is resolved.
‘e-AIMA’ is supported by IT engineers, with an extensive expertise and in-depth knowledge of medical informatics. This guarantees unrivalled implementation, training and technical assistance services.